Looking After You!
Take time to look after your physical and emotional well being and notice the difference in your life. Aim for small changes gradually so that they become a way of life.....
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet, it really does make a difference to the way you feel.
- Get moving, find an activity you enjoy and do lots of it, walking, dancing, cycling, yoga, gardening .... the choice is endless.
- Sleep well, getting enough sleep is essential to our well being, aim for about 7-8 hrs with regular bed-times.
- Connect, make contact with friends and family, arrange to meet, get around to making that call or visit.
- Get interested, rediscover your hobbies or interests, or try new ones, engaging in activities we enjoy boosts our mood.
- Relax, make time for you, build a slot in your day when you don't 'have to do something'
- Be kind, helping a friend or family member or doing nice things for others can make us feel better.
- Be grateful , appreciating what we do have and counting our blessings helps us look more positively at the world
- Reduce alcohol, try to keep alcohol to very moderate levels, too much is harmful to both our emotional and physical well being
- Laugh, find the humour in every day life, watch a comedy or read a funny story, laughter is a wonderful medicine!